Dealership Accounting Clerk
Victory Automotive Group is family owned and operated since 1997 with over 40 locations across the United States. We provide the best opportunities for all employees, customers, communities and each manufacturer we represent. Our continued commitment is to improve our dealerships and services to satisfy our customer’s wants and needs 100 percent of the time and always provide a pleasant, informative and professional experience.
Victory Automotive Group is always looking for talented, self-motivated individuals to join our team. If you think you are ready to be a part of an exciting team, then we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application!
Victory Automotive Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
The Dealership Accounting Clerk ensures the validity and accuracy of accounting functions on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis. He or she works to ensure a timely transfer of all information that affects accounting and payroll. He or she handles financial records, taxes, bank reconciliations, etc. and working in our Dealer Management Systems.
This person posts vehicle transfers, reconciles and pays off vehicles, as well as reconciling and paying vendors for vehicle related products. This position assists customers and banks with refunds and cancellations. In addition, this person provides administrative support such as answering phones, typing, filing, data entry and record keeping, and other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate has dealership experience with an emphasis on office functions, as well as Reynolds and Reynolds experience is a plus. He or she must be detail-oriented and good with numbers and skilled in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
This job description summary outlines core aspects of this position, but additional duties may be required on a routine basis. This job description does not constitute the complete responsibilities for this position.
- Receives, reconciles, and processes vendor invoices
- Prepares customer invoices and credit batches
- Reconciliation of daily cash deposits
- Prepares accounts payable checks and posts all open items in accounts payable on a daily basis
- Reconciles statement and ledger and ensures payments are consistent with set schedules
- Maintains petty cash systems
- Assisting customers and banks with refunds and cancellations
- Complies with local, state, and federal reporting requirements and tax filings
- Maintains updated files for accounts receivable and payable
- Ensures that all accounting transactions comply with financial policies and procedures Provides administrative assistance as needed
- Attends all staff meetings, trainings, and educational classes as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Dealership and Reynolds and Reynolds experience a plus
- Strong computer and internet skills
- Able to deal with confidential information appropriately
- Strong attention to detail and interest in accuracy
- Experience with business applications and accounting software a plus
- Communication skills, verbal and written
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Data entry and time management skills
- Professional and dependable
- Competitive Pay Based on Experience
- Medical Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Professional Workplace
- Non-Smoking Workplace
- Drug Free Workplace
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Direct Deposit
- 401(k) with Company Match
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. We reserve the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
It’s time to make the most important move of your career!