Headquartered in Calgary, AB, Canada and in business for over 30 years; PBS is the third largest DMS (Dealership Management System) provider to the North American retail automotive industry. We are unique in the industry because we view our customers as business partners, technology innovators, and friends.
PBS Software is a true windows based platform boasting ease of use and training while fully featured to support our customer experience. Our software can run all aspects of an automotive dealership with sales, service, inventory management and accounting modules to keep things moving at a steady pace.
PBS Systems is looking for an enthusiastic and organized individual to join our PBS Client Services team in its Informatics division.
As an Technical Support Specialist - Informtics you will provide excellent software support to our new and existing customers in our Dealer Management software for the Automotive Industry by delivering immediate solutions and services or escalating if necessary to other departments.
This is an entry-level position that provides you with the opportunity to expand your knowledge in a growing and established company. You are quick to respond and are very proactive in planning and organizing your overall tasks. The ideal candidate is organized, customer service oriented and is a self-starter, will have a passion for technology and thrive on a changing landscape.
- Support and troubleshoot issues that are both called in and emailed to the Informatics team
- Write up tickets and investigate issues that arise
- Review issues or concerns from vendors who collect data from dealerships
- Be able to fulfill data requests and communicate those setups to both the vendor and internally
- Assist on-site teams and dealerships with setting up of payment processing machines
- Assist on-site teams and customers with various hardware setups (printer setups, servers, switches, Microsoft platform, peripheral setups, etc.)
- Setup of texting numbers record automated message for dealer appointments and web setups
- Follow processes for integration of manufacturer communications and ensure link is established
- Work with internal staff to help investigate or find answers for those who are on-site
- Maintain documentations and update as processes change within installs and data transfers
- Be able to talk about and be able to navigate our DMS Software to be able to better assist
- Ongoing training of the software and different disciplines within the company
- High School Diploma
- Solid computer knowledge Microsoft Office Suite
- Dealerships experience is an asset
- Excellent communication skills and phone manners
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Good knowledge of printer and network setups, servers, switches, Microsoft platform, peripheral setups, etc.
- Problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Strong documentation abilities
- Effective time management and organization
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritization
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office Suite
What do we offer:
- Exciting work environment and product
- Full technical support and training
- Full time permanent role
- Competitive base salary.
- Benefits and incentives
- Growth opportunities
PBS Systems thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. PBS Systems is an employment-equity employer. Candidates who require accommodations throughout the recruitment process please contact the Recruiting Department.